Last week I talked about giving up energy drinks, which I am finding harder to do. I liked that extra boost and I’ve been feeling super tired during my day. Sure this is a sign of going through withdraws and it’s natural when you’re trying to detox from such stimulants. But still, I would like to be able to not feel like I’m dragging and have the spark to get stuff done. Thus, starts my search for energy drink alternatives.
So far I’ve tried the following options to get my pick-me-up:
- Green tea-there’s supposedly less caffeine in the stuff not to mention there’s tons of other benefits in the stuff. Check out this article from Prevention about the benefits of green tea
- Iced water-simple but effective. I’ve heard from a few places (online and television) that drinking cold water wakes your body up. It was even brought up on truTV’s Hack My Life last year (see clip on YouTube)
- Plenty of sleep-pretty obvious but it seems to be something I’m always lacking. As adults, we’re told to get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep at night. Getting less or more than that amount of sleep can result in feeling drowsy. Yes, you can get drowsy from sleep too much. I know for myself when I sleep for more than 8 hours I feel sleepy for the rest of my day
- Fiber One Bars-I spoke about these in my Kitchen Staples and love them. Not only are they yummy and give extra fiber but they also give me energy. Pair this with the iced water and I’m feeling pretty good!
- Almonds-these nuts also give me energy but in a smaller package. The are pricey but they fill me up, not to mention almonds have their own healthy benefits. Read more about almond benefits at Live Science
Do you have any energy drink alternative? Where do you get your energy?